CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 18, 2008

Still no animations yet aha. But I still like to update blogs and since I somewhat refuse to make journals on deviantART now I've been bottling up a lot of online journal thoughts LOL.

But anyways, week 2 at SBIT has commenced and already I can feel some knowledge influencing my illustrations and how I go along with my process. Especially with backgrounds. I used to do the annoying process of sketching the background AND character on the same sheet of paper. Haha, oh god it's a real bother when you can't manage to get your character to actually fit with the background in matter of size.

I admit thats one of the things I need to practice most when it comes to drawing, sometimes I can't even manage to draw full bodies (mainly cause I can't fit them on to the page) so I tend to shortcut a bit, oh naughty me ):

Also I need some practice with backgrounds in general, I'm getting tired of the plain backgrounds (but most of the time they're so plain cause I don't plan ahead and end up drawing the character first). In my opinion you'll end up with a better product if you can think of a background setting, sketching a small idea of a background and then thinking of how you're character can fit in smoothly.
(I'm lacking this a lot lol)

So today, feeling kind of inspired for a full on pic I searched through some magazines for some background refs and to spark some ideas and here's what I got.

Then I simply drew my character on a seperate sheet

And thanks to the oh so lovely program Photoshop I scaled the character image down on to the background giving me this.
Next time I'd like to add more of a perspective and angle shot. Anyways expect to see this CGed soon.

1 comments:

Lavender-Ice said...

*spits water* I hate you Dx that looks so freaking awesome. ;__; *waits to seee CGGGGG*